Fine private estate with a multitude of amenities
Where: 74 Barry Lane, Atherton, CA 94027 (Listing | Tour)
Located in West Atherton’s exclusive Barry Lane cul-de-sac, this stunning home is a mere stroll away from top-rated Las Lomitas schools and downtown Menlo Park. The estate was meticulously designed by world-renowned architect Andrew Skurman on roughly 1 acre of land that provides the utmost privacy. With a countless number of luxury amenities, this home meets all your entertaining needs. A pool, spa, three-hole chipping and putting green, sports court, and movie room will create endless delight for your family and friends.
Impeccable landscaping and a must-see pavilion create a beautiful setting in this San Mateo County gem. With tremendous attention to detail and its prime location, this home lends itself to both formal and everyday living.
With more than 6,500 square feet, the home and property includes:
- 5 beds
- 7 baths
- Vaulted ceilings
- Hardwood floors
- Pool and spa
- Three-hole chipping and putting green
- Sports court
- Movie Room
- Security gate and alarm system
Listed as $12,945,000 by Joseph Bentley of the Menlo Park office
An equestrian paradise sitting on 12 private acres
Where: 4105 Woodside Road, Woodside CA 94062 (listing | tour)
An escape from the fast pace of the Peninsula, this Monterey Colonial in San Mateo County is an equestrian lover’s dream. Hidden away from the street, the home rests on 12 acres of lush, private landscape, just across from miles of beautiful trails at Wunderlich Park. Meeting all your equestrian needs, the grounds include an indoor exercise area, 17-stall barn, and regulation dressage arena.
Just a short commute to excellent Portola Valley schools and all of Silicon Valley, this classic property in Woodside boasts picturesque scenery on the outside and luxurious detail on the inside.
The 4,580 square-foot home and property include:
- Four bedrooms and four baths
- Hardwood and tile flooring
- Three-car garage
- Kitchen with island, granite slab countertops, and cathedral ceiling
- Integrated fireplace in the living room
- Crown moldings and crystal chandelier in the dining room
- Exotic bird sanctuary
- Multiple gardens and pond
Enjoy the colorful rose gardens and redwood groves, sitting on the open pastures and intertwined among the multiple facilities that fit all your equestrian needs.
Listed at $13,900,000 by Scott Dancer of Alain Pinel Realtors – Woodside.
View more homes for sale in Woodside | Visit our Redwood City & Woodside community page
A stately property with panoramic views in the Sunbelt of Pebble Beach
Where: 1568 Sonado Road, Pebble Beach, CA 93953 (listing | tour)
Sitting on two acres of spacious land in Monterey County, this contemporary estate in a gated community was designed with scenery in mind. From almost every room, peer out and enjoy expansive and dynamic views, with sailboats and green fairways in between. Enjoy these views from the luxurious balcony deck while drinking wine pulled directly from your personal wine cellar.
With a combination of both formal and informal living quarters, this recently renovated home offers extraordinary interior space complimented by intimate rooms, as well as an abundance of amenities.
The 9,600 square-foot home and gorgeous landscape include:
- 7 bedrooms and 6 baths
- Caretaker’s quarters
- Hardwood and tile flooring
- High, vaulted ceilings
- 4-car garage and workshop
- Dining rooms, breakfast bars, and family area
- Large wine cellar
- Fireplaces, both gas and wood-burning
Watch the sunset from spacious terraces, or relax comfortably inside next to the fireplace. The home was built with privacy in mind, but lacks nothing in presentation for entertaining your guests.
Listed at $12,500,000 by Jamal Noorzoy of Alain Pinel Realtors – Carmel
View more homes for sale in Pebble Beach | Visit our Monterey community page
A hidden treasure on the San Francisco peninsula
Where: 891 Crystal Springs Road, Hillsborough, California (listing | website | tour)
Built circa 1912, Guignécourt is a Mediterranean estate located on 47+ acres with sweeping, panoramic San Francisco Bay views. This historic estate was originally designed by Bliss & Faville, architects renowned for the St. Francis Hotel and Pacific-Union Club in San Francisco. It’s gracious interiors—redesigned by Anthony Hail—have been featured in Architectural Digest and other notable publications. Privately held by the de Guigné family for over 100 years, the estate has hosted many society galas, U.S. presidents and dignitaries.
Guignécourt’s 16,660 square-foot home and lush property features:
- Four levels with 6 primary bedrooms, 8 full baths, and 1 half-bath
- 7 original staff bedrooms and 3 bathrooms
- Ceiling heights reaching almost 20 feet in the ballroom, and many with carved relief ceiling moldings and triple layers of crown moldings, some with gold leaf detail
- Gated and deer-fenced grounds with private hiking trails, canyons, and reservoir
- Pool and pavilion, designed by renowned landscape architect Porter and Steinwedell
- Detached 3-car garage, 8-car carport, tremendous motor court parking, and ample, discreet staff parking in lower car area
The first level offers an exquisite space for entertaining, with a grand foyer and galley hallway leading to:
- Ballroom with fireplace
- Banquet-scaled formal dining room with fireplace
- Library with fireplace and concealed bar
- Cloak room and formal powder room
- Breakfast room with fireplace
- Butler’s pantry/china room
- Professional kitchen, pantry with pastry room, and service courtyard
- Separate chef’s quarters with 2 bedrooms and 1 full bathroom
- Pool pavilion with fireplace and 2 full bathrooms with dressing rooms and closets
The second level offers an elegant and comfortable living space, including:
- Master bedroom suite with fireplace and 2 baths
- 3 bedrooms, two with fireplace, plus hall bath
- 2 bedrooms, each with en suite bath
- 4 original staff bedrooms and one bath
- Laundry room
On the third level, find a play/recreation room and two large storage rooms. The basement includes a professional flower arranging room, wine and liquor cellars, a laundry center, a bedroom and bath, additional storage and the eight-car carport.
Guignécourt is located:
- Less than 2 miles to downtown San Mateo and 3 miles to downtown Burlingame
- 8 miles to San Francisco International Airport
- 13 miles to Pacific Ocean beaches
- 13 miles to Facebook and 18 miles to Google headquarters
- 16 miles to Stanford University
- 20 miles to downtown San Francisco
- Excellent Hillsborough public schools: South Hillsborough Elementary (API 956); Crocker Middle (API 961); Aragon High (API 849) (buyer to confirm enrollment)
- Hillsborough private schools include Crystal Springs Uplands (6-12) and Nueva (pre-K to 12)
Listed at $29,850,000 by Mary and Brent Gullixon of Alain Pinel Realtors.
View more homes for sale in Hillsborough | Visit our Burlingame & Hillsborough community page
Elegant European villa in the heart of Silicon Valley
Where: 27350 Julietta Lane, Los Altos Hills, CA 94022 (listing | tour)
The best of Silicon Valley living awaits at this stunning European villa on almost 1.5 acres with sweeping views across the valley and the San Francisco Bay. Exquisitely remodeled, the home combines luxury with the casual warmth of a family home. White oak floors and stone finishes of Calacatta marble and French Limestone combine in timeless elegance while true divided-light windows and French doors fill the home with natural light and views of the Bay. Added luxuries include a lower-level media room plus a fully customized wine cellar and tasting room with outside entrance reminiscent of a European winery.
The resort-inspired grounds take full advantage of the remarkable setting, overlooking the Bay views from the infinity edge pool and spa, two fire pit terraces, and outdoor kitchen with full bar and pizza oven. All around, strategically placed fire bowls enhance the ambiance at night. For the golf enthusiast, a practice area stands ready on the lower grounds and a level lawn area is ideal for play, all connected by cobblestone-lined steps and English gardens. Whether enjoying the sublime privacy and views every day, or escaping the city life for a great country experience, this treasured property offers the best of California living in the heart of Silicon Valley.
- 3 levels with 5 bedrooms and 4.5 baths
- Building area of approximately 6,217 square feet: approximately 5,099 square feet in the main residence, an attached 3-car garage of approximately 752 square feet, and a separate wine cellar of approximately 366 square feet
- Gated driveway on a quiet cul-de-sac
- Los Altos schools
Listed at $8,995,000 by Stefan Walker of Alain Pinel Realtors – Los Altos.
See more homes for sale in Santa Clara | Visit our Santa Clara community page