An equestrian paradise sitting on 12 private acres
Where: 4105 Woodside Road, Woodside CA 94062 (listing | tour)
An escape from the fast pace of the Peninsula, this Monterey Colonial in San Mateo County is an equestrian lover’s dream. Hidden away from the street, the home rests on 12 acres of lush, private landscape, just across from miles of beautiful trails at Wunderlich Park. Meeting all your equestrian needs, the grounds include an indoor exercise area, 17-stall barn, and regulation dressage arena.
Just a short commute to excellent Portola Valley schools and all of Silicon Valley, this classic property in Woodside boasts picturesque scenery on the outside and luxurious detail on the inside.
The 4,580 square-foot home and property include:
- Four bedrooms and four baths
- Hardwood and tile flooring
- Three-car garage
- Kitchen with island, granite slab countertops, and cathedral ceiling
- Integrated fireplace in the living room
- Crown moldings and crystal chandelier in the dining room
- Exotic bird sanctuary
- Multiple gardens and pond
Enjoy the colorful rose gardens and redwood groves, sitting on the open pastures and intertwined among the multiple facilities that fit all your equestrian needs.
Listed at $13,900,000 by Scott Dancer of Alain Pinel Realtors – Woodside.
View more homes for sale in Woodside | Visit our Redwood City & Woodside community page
A stately property with panoramic views in the Sunbelt of Pebble Beach
Where: 1568 Sonado Road, Pebble Beach, CA 93953 (listing | tour)
Sitting on two acres of spacious land in Monterey County, this contemporary estate in a gated community was designed with scenery in mind. From almost every room, peer out and enjoy expansive and dynamic views, with sailboats and green fairways in between. Enjoy these views from the luxurious balcony deck while drinking wine pulled directly from your personal wine cellar.
With a combination of both formal and informal living quarters, this recently renovated home offers extraordinary interior space complimented by intimate rooms, as well as an abundance of amenities.
The 9,600 square-foot home and gorgeous landscape include:
- 7 bedrooms and 6 baths
- Caretaker’s quarters
- Hardwood and tile flooring
- High, vaulted ceilings
- 4-car garage and workshop
- Dining rooms, breakfast bars, and family area
- Large wine cellar
- Fireplaces, both gas and wood-burning
Watch the sunset from spacious terraces, or relax comfortably inside next to the fireplace. The home was built with privacy in mind, but lacks nothing in presentation for entertaining your guests.
Listed at $12,500,000 by Jamal Noorzoy of Alain Pinel Realtors – Carmel
View more homes for sale in Pebble Beach | Visit our Monterey community page
This week, Paul Hulme, founder, president & CEO of Alain Pinel Realtors was named to the 2017 Swanepoel Power 200. This prestigious and well-researched recognition highlights the most powerful and influential people in residential real estate.
Join us in congratulating Paul, and visit the Swanepoel website for more information on the Power 200.
Luxurious home ideal for both entertaining and family life
Where: 15084 Gypsy Hill Road, Saratoga, CA 95070 (listing | tour)
Thoughtfully designed for those who enjoy luxury with a view, this home sits on 1.27 beautifully manicured acres. The location gives families access to award-winning Saratoga schools in beautiful Santa Clara County.
With the home set far back from the road, the driveway runs past vibrant gardens and a flourishing landscape to a three-car garage. The home itself has room to spare, with 4,956 square feet and four bedrooms and four baths.
Enter the opulent foyer and find soaring ceilings and an elegant staircase leading to the upper level, revealing the caliber of the design. The formal living room, with a custom barrel-vaulted ceiling, and the spacious dining room create an impressive space for entertaining. The kitchen is worthy of a professional chef, featuring a large island, two cooktops (one gas, one electric), two dishwashers, and more. The master suite includes an upscale master bath, as well as a walk-in closet with abundant space. A library, office and three additional en-suites round out a luxurious home.
Exceptional for entertaining and built for the California lifestyle, the rear grounds include:
- In-ground pool
- Entertainment terrace
- Flourishing gardens
- Vegetable and flower beds
Listed at $4,495,000 by David Welton of Alain Pinel Realtors – Saratoga.
See more homes for sale in Saratoga | Visit our Santa Clara community page
A hidden treasure on the San Francisco peninsula
Where: 891 Crystal Springs Road, Hillsborough, California (listing | website | tour)
Built circa 1912, Guignécourt is a Mediterranean estate located on 47+ acres with sweeping, panoramic San Francisco Bay views. This historic estate was originally designed by Bliss & Faville, architects renowned for the St. Francis Hotel and Pacific-Union Club in San Francisco. It’s gracious interiors—redesigned by Anthony Hail—have been featured in Architectural Digest and other notable publications. Privately held by the de Guigné family for over 100 years, the estate has hosted many society galas, U.S. presidents and dignitaries.
Guignécourt’s 16,660 square-foot home and lush property features:
- Four levels with 6 primary bedrooms, 8 full baths, and 1 half-bath
- 7 original staff bedrooms and 3 bathrooms
- Ceiling heights reaching almost 20 feet in the ballroom, and many with carved relief ceiling moldings and triple layers of crown moldings, some with gold leaf detail
- Gated and deer-fenced grounds with private hiking trails, canyons, and reservoir
- Pool and pavilion, designed by renowned landscape architect Porter and Steinwedell
- Detached 3-car garage, 8-car carport, tremendous motor court parking, and ample, discreet staff parking in lower car area
The first level offers an exquisite space for entertaining, with a grand foyer and galley hallway leading to:
- Ballroom with fireplace
- Banquet-scaled formal dining room with fireplace
- Library with fireplace and concealed bar
- Cloak room and formal powder room
- Breakfast room with fireplace
- Butler’s pantry/china room
- Professional kitchen, pantry with pastry room, and service courtyard
- Separate chef’s quarters with 2 bedrooms and 1 full bathroom
- Pool pavilion with fireplace and 2 full bathrooms with dressing rooms and closets
The second level offers an elegant and comfortable living space, including:
- Master bedroom suite with fireplace and 2 baths
- 3 bedrooms, two with fireplace, plus hall bath
- 2 bedrooms, each with en suite bath
- 4 original staff bedrooms and one bath
- Laundry room
On the third level, find a play/recreation room and two large storage rooms. The basement includes a professional flower arranging room, wine and liquor cellars, a laundry center, a bedroom and bath, additional storage and the eight-car carport.
Guignécourt is located:
- Less than 2 miles to downtown San Mateo and 3 miles to downtown Burlingame
- 8 miles to San Francisco International Airport
- 13 miles to Pacific Ocean beaches
- 13 miles to Facebook and 18 miles to Google headquarters
- 16 miles to Stanford University
- 20 miles to downtown San Francisco
- Excellent Hillsborough public schools: South Hillsborough Elementary (API 956); Crocker Middle (API 961); Aragon High (API 849) (buyer to confirm enrollment)
- Hillsborough private schools include Crystal Springs Uplands (6-12) and Nueva (pre-K to 12)
Listed at $29,850,000 by Mary and Brent Gullixon of Alain Pinel Realtors.
View more homes for sale in Hillsborough | Visit our Burlingame & Hillsborough community page