Did you know that every office server has a shared public folder that can be used by all Agents?
APR fileservers are located in all offices, and provide two important capabilities:
1. The My Documents folder on each APR computer is actually located on the fileserver. Your login profile makes this happen, and there are several benefits including regular, automated backups of the folder contents. Additionally, this folder can be accessed from remote locations using the VPN tool to "join" the APR network.
2. In every office, there is also a shared network folder that is named aprservernameshared This is a "public" folder that can be used to save files that you wish to share within your office. (Please note that in this example you should substitue the actual name of your office server where it says "aprservername".)
Follow these basic steps to access the shared folder in your office:
Click START and choose RUN
In the RUN box type servernameshared
If you are not sure of your office servername, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.
One of our approved photography vendors (Hands on Photography/Kyle Chesser) is going to begin offering a series of informative digital photography classes. Kyle’s work is top notch and includes local Architectural photography, Agent headshots and other subject matter.
The first 3-hour class covering the basics of digital photography is coming up on Saturday, November 1st and will cost $150.
Agents can sign up directly with Kyle by calling him at 408.955.0555 or emailing him at email@example.com.
As a reminder from the Help Desk, we frequently receive email with unknown attacments that contain a virus or malware. These attachments are usually in the form of a .zip file. One particular scheme that is used to deliver a malicious atttachment is to send a greeting card or invitation that appears to be from a trusted source but in fact is not.
We are currently seeing examples of Hallmark e-cards that contain a potentially malicious .zip file attachment. If you receive this type of message, delete it immediately without opening the attachment.
If you have any questions about this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
I am pleased to announce the availability of a new technology benefit that is available to APR Agents: The Microsoft Home Use Program.
As part of a new offering from Microsoft, you are eligible to participate in the Home Use Program (HUP). This program enables you to get a licensed copy of most Microsoft Office desktop applications to install and use on your home computer.
For each product eligible for the Home Use Program for which you are a licensed user with active Software Assurance coverage, you may order a single copy of that product to install and use on a home computer. You may continue using this HUP software while you are under our employment and as long as the software you use at work has active Software Assurance coverage.
Please note that some product and language versions may not be available at the time you place an order. For up-to-date information on the availability of Home Use Program software, please visit http://microsoft.com/licensing
To access the Microsoft Home Use Program web site, please follow the steps below:
1. Go to https://hup.microsoft.com/
2. Select the country to which you wish your order to be shipped to and choose the language for viewing the order web site.
3. Enter your corporate email address and insert the program code (please ask the helpdesk for this code).
Note: this program code is assigned to our organization for our sole use in accessing this site. You may not share this number with anyone outside our organization.
4. Place your order on-line and it will be shipped to the location you have chosen. Please note that a fulfillment fee will be charged to cover packaging, shipping and handling costs.
We trust you will enjoy this benefit and look forward to your participation.
As part of our effort to provide you with the best possible network performance, our service provider XO Communications will be running several tests between 12 Midnight and 3AM this evening to ensure that all of the hardware is working properly. During this time some or all of APR’s network resources will be unavailable. SAVI will still be accessible from any Internet Connected Network outside of the APR Network. This includes Wifi hotspots, and home Cable Modem and/or DSL connections.