Author: Jolene Quinn, eBusiness Manager of Alain Pinel Realtors
Are you receiving calls on your listing and your listing is pending? What are you saying to these clients? “Thank you for calling but the property has an accepted offer”. Click…
These are prospective clients that you can represent as buyers! Your response should be “The property has an accepted offer but I know of a similar home in the area. Would you be interested in seeing it?”
- If they are not working with an agent, offer to show them another home. This is a client who called you who needs assistance finding a home! This is a great lead!
- Sometimes they already have an agent. Always be kind. You can answer a few questions then refer them back to their agent. If their agent drops the ball then they will think of you if they want to work with a different agent.
Not interested in representing buyers?
- Refer them to a buyer’s agent in your office. Not only can you get a referral fee from the agent but you’re also building rapport with your peers. Not to mention, helping the client!
- When you speak to the client, tell them you work with a great buyer’s agent that you would be happy to refer them too. Make sure to let them know the name of the agent and give a nice introduction. This makes it more comfortable for both the client and the agent.
Asking these questions before you pass them off to your buyer’s agent helps the agent:
- What area are you looking in?
- What price range would you like to stay under?
- Are you pre-approved for your home loan should you need one?
- How many beds and baths do you need?
- Do you prefer a condo or single family home?
- Do you have pets? (if interested in condo)
Above all, make sure you respond to client inquiries quickly! In today’s world, clients expect a response within minutes and will quickly move on to another company if they don’t hear from you. Have a process in place with your referring buyer’s agent so the agent understands a quick response is mandatory if you are to continue referring clients to them.
About Author:Jolene Quinn is the eBusiness Manager at Alain Pinel Realtors. She has almost 20 years in real estate and over 13 years working directly with internet leads. Prior to working with APR she managed the eBusiness department of a large real estate company that spanned 3 states. She was responsible for taking the department from ground level to one of the most successful eBusiness departments in the nation.