Q Test

MARIN COUNTY THIRD QUARTER MARKET REPORT | 2016 VS. 2017

The Marin housing market continues to show robust activity for the third quarter of 2017. With 80 percent of the county mandated as open space, the remaining 20 percent available for commercial and residential use does not meet the demand. This keeps housing prices on the rise and property appreciation in a positive position.

When comparing year-over-year activity for all of Marin County in the third quarter, the increases are not large, but they are steady. Unit sales are up 10 percent, the median selling price is up 7 percent, and average days on market is up 2 percent. The supply of inventory is more significantly down year-over-year, confirming Marin is still experiencing a seller’s market.

ALAMEDA COUNTY THIRD QUARTER MARKET REPORT

ALAMEDA COUNTY THIRD QUARTER MARKET REPORT | 2016 VS. 2017

Third-quarter numbers for Alameda County’s residential real estate market continue to reflect very tight inventory and high demand. Berkeley, showing one of the higher increases in inventory at 20 percent, had a 9 percent year-over-year appreciation rate, bringing the city’s median home price to a record-breaking $1,131,000. For most of the rest of the county, including Oakland, there has been a decline in an already tight market, and prices were approximately 2 to 3 percent higher than the same period last year. Multiple offers continue to be placed on listings in the East Bay and prices are expected to continue to rise.

SANTA CRUZ COUNTY THIRD QUARTER MARKET REPORT

SANTA CRUZ COUNTY THIRD QUARTER MARKET REPORT | 2016 VS. 2017

The third quarter of 2017 in Santa Cruz County showed fairly consistent numbers to those of 2016, indicating a continued stabilization of the market. Inventory remained steady year-over-year, and days on market have lengthened. The number of sales dropped slightly and median price increased 3 percent countywide.

SONOMA COUNTY THIRD QUARTER MARKET REPORT

SONOMA COUNTY THIRD QUARTER MARKET REPORT | 2016 VS. 2017

In the third quarter of 2017, Sonoma County showed a slight drop in unit sales compared to those of 2016, while inventory loosened slightly and median price rose 7 percent countywide. Of course, the recent tragic fires that have devastated so many neighborhoods in these beloved, bucolic communities will be reflected in market numbers next quarter.

Alain Pinel Realtors® is committed to partnering with these communities in rebuilding and providing whatever support necessary to help those who have lost so much. We are partnering with Redwood Credit Union and matching donations up to $50,000. If you are able, please join us by donating to our affected neighbors and communities: gofundme.com/apr-north-bay-fire-relief-fund

SAN MATEO COUNTY THIRD QUARTER MARKET REPORT

SAN MATEO COUNTY THIRD QUARTER MARKET REPORT | 2016 VS. 2017

The Peninsula market remains constrained with very low inventory. The number of properties for sale is down from the already low inventory during the same quarter last year. Days on market for listings remains low as well, with most cities averaging fewer than 30 days. Number of units sold has remained fairly level compared to a year ago, however, and median prices are up 9 percent county-wide.

Page 1 of 81
1 2 3 81