Where: 131 4th Street East in Sonoma (listing | virtual tour)
Two Palms Sonoma Estate, one of the most significant properties in Sonoma Valley, has been listed by Nicki Naylor of the Alain Pinel Realtors Sonoma office. Once labeled as Sonoma’s “mystery house,” 131 4th Street East had been abandoned for more than 30 years before being given a massive makeover. The home has now been splendidly restored to represent the architecture of the early 20th Century American Arts and Crafts Movement.
The current owner, Bill Jasper, purchased the property with a vision of restoring the once grand home and property while maintaining the historic appearance of the century-old dwelling. A self-described history buff, Jasper was intrigued by the challenge of unraveling the mystery of the house and bringing it back to life. He brought in the creative team of architect Robert Bauman, builder Jon Curry, and designer Christine Curry, who transformed the estate with great attention to the finest quality materials as well as compatibility of style and function.
The original house, built between 1907 and 1910, was a simple single-story bungalow. Today, the home has been expanded into a graceful and spacious two-story 3500+/- square foot residence boasting modern amenities that have been combined with classic contemporary finishes. Two expansive wrap-around porches on both levels overlook the property and neighboring vineyard. Surrounded by lovely terraced gardens, this elegant home is beautifully situated on approximately 1.77 acres in the heart of the City of Sonoma. For more information visit http://www.twopalmssonomaestate.com/
Offered at: $4,950,000
See more homes for sale in Sonoma. | Visit our Wine Country community page.
APR in the News• Notable Listings / Sales