On August 1st-3rd, I was fortunate to attend the Inman News Real Estate Connect Conference in San Francisco. The 3-day conference highlighted where real estate and technology connects – from social media and marketing, to mobile apps and websites, and listing syndication and big data – it covered some of the largest topics and trends within the industry. The main conference featured notable speakers, including: Caterina Fake, Founder and CEO of Findery (and co-founder of Flickr); Joe Fernandez, cofounder and CEO of Klout; Adi Tatarko, co-founder and CEO of Houzz, and many more. While the Alain Pinel Realtors attendees and I took away more information than can be shared in one post, we did compile a partial list of some of the notable tools and apps that are worth checking out if you don’t already know about them:
Real Estate / Home Tools for You & Clients
- Open Home Pro (iPad) – beautiful listing and open house management program – keep track of leads from open houses, automatically follow up and organize, export data to excel or CRM.
- Route4Me (iPhone, iPad, Android) – enter multiple addresses and routes most efficient route, great for open house tours.
- HomeSnap by Sawbuck (iPhone, Android soon) – snap a photo of a home and find out more about it (integrates with real-time MLS data in most places) and how much they think it is worth (from Sawbuck).
- BrightNest (web) – Web-based service that helps homeowners by providing customized tips to care for their home.
- LiveLovely.com (browser, app coming soon) – apartment rental search, create a renter resume.
Business / Self-Organization Tools
- Drop-Box (all platforms) – Cloud storage system, synchs files and changes across all platforms, accessible anywhere. Can also share and collaborate on files. 2gb in storage free.
- Google Drive (all platforms) – Similar to Drop-Box, store, edit, share files that synch across platforms. 5gb in storage free.
- Evernote (all platforms) – Make and organize “notes” – can be text, full webpage, a photograph, voice memo, more. Share folders with anyone – great for collaboration. Synch across platforms and access anywhere.
- Wunderlist (all platforms) – Free easy to use task-manager, with reminders, organize, and share. Access anywhere.
- Twist (iPhone) – Start a “twist” and it will notify people automatically of your ETA to your appointments.
- Videolicious (iPhone) – Easy do-it-yourself video creation (good for property videos!)
- Blazing Tours (iPhone, Android) – Shoot and edit video home tours with this do-it-yourself app – add music, text, voiceovers, photos all from phone
- Klout.com (web-based, iPhone app) – analyzes your social connections on many social networks and determines your “klout score” – a measure of social influence – including what topics you are influential about
- Hunch Mobile by Hunch.com (iPhone, browser) Free – gives recommendations about restaurants, movies, things to do, tv shows, more based on you “tastes” – gets smarter over time.
- Uber (iPhone, Android) – On-demand requests for private driver, automatically charge card on file, and emails receipt. Classy, convenient, reliable experience available in most cities.
Have you tried any of these? Let us know your experiences – email@example.com.
Andrew Violante is the Social Media and Communications Coordinator at Alain Pinel Realtors where he oversees social media strategy and implementation for the brokerage.