Luxurious home ideal for both entertaining and family life
Where: 15084 Gypsy Hill Road, Saratoga, CA 95070 (listing | tour)
Thoughtfully designed for those who enjoy luxury with a view, this home sits on 1.27 beautifully manicured acres. The location gives families access to award-winning Saratoga schools in beautiful Santa Clara County.
With the home set far back from the road, the driveway runs past vibrant gardens and a flourishing landscape to a three-car garage. The home itself has room to spare, with 4,956 square feet and four bedrooms and four baths.
Enter the opulent foyer and find soaring ceilings and an elegant staircase leading to the upper level, revealing the caliber of the design. The formal living room, with a custom barrel-vaulted ceiling, and the spacious dining room create an impressive space for entertaining. The kitchen is worthy of a professional chef, featuring a large island, two cooktops (one gas, one electric), two dishwashers, and more. The master suite includes an upscale master bath, as well as a walk-in closet with abundant space. A library, office and three additional en-suites round out a luxurious home.
Exceptional for entertaining and built for the California lifestyle, the rear grounds include:
- In-ground pool
- Entertainment terrace
- Flourishing gardens
- Vegetable and flower beds
Listed at $4,495,000 by David Welton of Alain Pinel Realtors – Saratoga.
See more homes for sale in Saratoga | Visit our Santa Clara community page
A hidden treasure on the San Francisco peninsula
Where: 891 Crystal Springs Road, Hillsborough, California (listing | website | tour)
Built circa 1912, Guignécourt is a Mediterranean estate located on 47+ acres with sweeping, panoramic San Francisco Bay views. This historic estate was originally designed by Bliss & Faville, architects renowned for the St. Francis Hotel and Pacific-Union Club in San Francisco. It’s gracious interiors—redesigned by Anthony Hail—have been featured in Architectural Digest and other notable publications. Privately held by the de Guigné family for over 100 years, the estate has hosted many society galas, U.S. presidents and dignitaries.
Guignécourt’s 16,660 square-foot home and lush property features:
- Four levels with 6 primary bedrooms, 8 full baths, and 1 half-bath
- 7 original staff bedrooms and 3 bathrooms
- Ceiling heights reaching almost 20 feet in the ballroom, and many with carved relief ceiling moldings and triple layers of crown moldings, some with gold leaf detail
- Gated and deer-fenced grounds with private hiking trails, canyons, and reservoir
- Pool and pavilion, designed by renowned landscape architect Porter and Steinwedell
- Detached 3-car garage, 8-car carport, tremendous motor court parking, and ample, discreet staff parking in lower car area
The first level offers an exquisite space for entertaining, with a grand foyer and galley hallway leading to:
- Ballroom with fireplace
- Banquet-scaled formal dining room with fireplace
- Library with fireplace and concealed bar
- Cloak room and formal powder room
- Breakfast room with fireplace
- Butler’s pantry/china room
- Professional kitchen, pantry with pastry room, and service courtyard
- Separate chef’s quarters with 2 bedrooms and 1 full bathroom
- Pool pavilion with fireplace and 2 full bathrooms with dressing rooms and closets
The second level offers an elegant and comfortable living space, including:
- Master bedroom suite with fireplace and 2 baths
- 3 bedrooms, two with fireplace, plus hall bath
- 2 bedrooms, each with en suite bath
- 4 original staff bedrooms and one bath
- Laundry room
On the third level, find a play/recreation room and two large storage rooms. The basement includes a professional flower arranging room, wine and liquor cellars, a laundry center, a bedroom and bath, additional storage and the eight-car carport.
Guignécourt is located:
- Less than 2 miles to downtown San Mateo and 3 miles to downtown Burlingame
- 8 miles to San Francisco International Airport
- 13 miles to Pacific Ocean beaches
- 13 miles to Facebook and 18 miles to Google headquarters
- 16 miles to Stanford University
- 20 miles to downtown San Francisco
- Excellent Hillsborough public schools: South Hillsborough Elementary (API 956); Crocker Middle (API 961); Aragon High (API 849) (buyer to confirm enrollment)
- Hillsborough private schools include Crystal Springs Uplands (6-12) and Nueva (pre-K to 12)
Listed at $29,850,000 by Mary and Brent Gullixon of Alain Pinel Realtors.
View more homes for sale in Hillsborough | Visit our Burlingame & Hillsborough community page
We’re proud to share the news that Alain Pinel Realtors’ Vice President of Technology Tom Flanagan was ranked among Inman’s List of Real Estate Influencers for 2017. You can see Tom’s ranking here and read about the criteria and how Inman determines who makes this annual and prestigious list.
Elegant European villa in the heart of Silicon Valley
Where: 27350 Julietta Lane, Los Altos Hills, CA 94022 (listing | tour)
The best of Silicon Valley living awaits at this stunning European villa on almost 1.5 acres with sweeping views across the valley and the San Francisco Bay. Exquisitely remodeled, the home combines luxury with the casual warmth of a family home. White oak floors and stone finishes of Calacatta marble and French Limestone combine in timeless elegance while true divided-light windows and French doors fill the home with natural light and views of the Bay. Added luxuries include a lower-level media room plus a fully customized wine cellar and tasting room with outside entrance reminiscent of a European winery.
The resort-inspired grounds take full advantage of the remarkable setting, overlooking the Bay views from the infinity edge pool and spa, two fire pit terraces, and outdoor kitchen with full bar and pizza oven. All around, strategically placed fire bowls enhance the ambiance at night. For the golf enthusiast, a practice area stands ready on the lower grounds and a level lawn area is ideal for play, all connected by cobblestone-lined steps and English gardens. Whether enjoying the sublime privacy and views every day, or escaping the city life for a great country experience, this treasured property offers the best of California living in the heart of Silicon Valley.
- 3 levels with 5 bedrooms and 4.5 baths
- Building area of approximately 6,217 square feet: approximately 5,099 square feet in the main residence, an attached 3-car garage of approximately 752 square feet, and a separate wine cellar of approximately 366 square feet
- Gated driveway on a quiet cul-de-sac
- Los Altos schools
Listed at $8,995,000 by Stefan Walker of Alain Pinel Realtors – Los Altos.
See more homes for sale in Santa Clara | Visit our Santa Clara community page
Congratulations to Alain Pinel Realtors’ Los Altos Broker Associate Denise Welsh who has been named 2017 president of the Silicon Valley Association of Realtors (SILVAR). Denise will serve a one-year term as president, and takes over for SILVAR’s outgoing 2016 president, Karen Trolan, from our Los Gatos office.
Read more about Denise’s appointment here.